Bogolubskaya Mother of God full figure Russian Orthodox Icon. The Bogolubskaya, or Bogolyubovo, icon of the Mother of God was painted in 1157 to commemorate the appearance of the Mother of God to Grand Prince Andrew Bogolubsky, whose last name means Lover of God. The original icon is now located at the Knyaginin Convent of Vladimir. There are many different versions, some with Saints who are supplicating towards the Mother of God, others without Saints. In this version several unknown figures are venerating the Mother of God. Christ is blessing Her in the upper right corner.
#3 - S (1¾" x 3½" on ½" wood).
Icons manufactured by a Russian supplier using their proprietary process of applying successive layers of color and metallic-like patterns resulting in a brilliant, detailed, and nearly three dimensional appearance. (Note: The photograph of this icon will be updated soon)
Icon inscriptions in Church Slavonic.