Christ Made Without Hands, another version. Russian Orthodox Icon. It is called "Made Without Hands" because the image was miraculously made by Christ Himself when He pressed a cloth against His Face. The original icon was lost in 1204 when western Crusaders sacked Constantinople. Copies of this icon appeared in Rome at about this time, and two copies from the early 13th Century are on display at the Vatican.
#A538 - M (3½" x 4" on ⅝" wood).
#A856 - ML (5" x 6¼" on ¾" wood).
#1263 - L (6¾" x 8¼" on ¾" wood).
#2028 - XL (9½" x 11½" on ¾" wood).
Icons manufactured by a Russian supplier using their proprietary process of applying successive layers of color and metallic-like patterns resulting in a brilliant, detailed, and nearly three dimensional appearance.
Icon inscriptions in Church Slavonic.